Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Miss Independent


Well today was the first day of pre-school. I wasn't as sad as I thought I'd be but probably because Brooke was so cool about going. When we got there both classes were upstairs in the big room playing with play doh. I walked her downstairs to hang up her jacket and back pack (I had to make up things to put in there b/c a preschooler does not need a back pack).
I showed her where her cubby is and told her what to do. The whole time she kept saying "I know Mom, I know...I'm fine Mom." Then she says "Bye Mom, I'm going upstairs...Bye" without so much as a kiss. I told her that I WAS going to walk her up and help her find her place...a mother needs to feel somewhat useful. I'm not ready to send her off to college just yet but sometimes I have the feeling that she has such a strong self-confidence that she would be fine going.
She gave her teachers flowers that she picked out of my pots on the porch and found her place to do play doh. There were some major criers, but my girl didn't blink an eye when I left. I was probably more upset than she was. The 2.5 hrs flew by though and when I picked her up she was happily playing on the playground but was excited to see me- which finally made me feel needed.

No comments: